Friday, December 21, 2012

neglected

I know this poor blog has gotten so neglected since I started the baby blog. My focus has shifted, sorry blog. I still love you. Here's an update:

I'm officially on my Christmas break from school, which is amazing! I'm in need of a few weeks off. Let's just see how much resting I can do. 

I'm actually hoping to start getting the nursery pretty organized and settled. We have a lot of stuff that's just in there and not really in its place yet. So, we need to get all of that figured out. 

I'm excited for the holidays. I'm ready to spend some fun time with our families. Ugh, but I hate the driving (even if it is only an hour and half - that's still 3 hours of driving for the day).

I think Aiko is sensing some sort of change. She's been extraordinarily clingy lately. She'll probably be super heart broken once the new pack member arrives. I'm pretty curious to see how she'll react to him. I know it can be pretty hit and miss. 

At least she really isn't like a yappy yorkie or anything. I mean, she gets pretty excited when guest first come in (really, just to see other humans) and she gets a little barky when she's around other dogs that bark. But, here at home… she doesn't yap or bark at hardly anything. She's actually really calm and lazy. So, I don't worry about her barking or growling at him. I worry about her being real anti-social with him, not liking him, jealously,… etc. 

Also, when she gets ignore she has no problem walking all over you to get to your face. I'm wondering if she'll do that to him once he's here. Like, if we're holding him but she wants our attention, she might just try to climb over him. That'll be something to nip in the bud. At least she's only like 4 pounds, but still. 

We have one final baby shower on December 29th, before I know what all I need to start getting. I'm excited for it to be over so that I can just get the rest of our stuff and really start getting everything together and prepared.

The dad-to-be has finally started having those really big realization moments (like I had in the beginning of the pregnancy). A few days ago, when he was writing Nolan's name on a stocking cookie… he walked away from it and said to me, "Has it occurred to you that we're having a baby?"

I just laughed and he continued, "I mean, he's going to be like a real little person."

I understand how it's very abstract for dads. I mean, it's pretty abstract to me!

Needless to say… I'm pretty stoked for the new year to come already! 

No comments:

Post a Comment