- Learn a new skill (yep, this one's yearly now)
- I'm not even sure what new thing I want to try to learn yet. I know I'll come up with something though
- 12 Books in 12 Months
- I did this one before, and accomplished it and some. It sounds easy, but last year I don't think I read even a single non-baby/parenting book. Seriously. So, maybe if I write it down, I'll feel more accountable to it.
- Fitness. Fitness. Fitness.
- C helped me decide that my goals in this area shouldn't even really be about losing weight. It should be about eating healthy and making good choices for my body. If I'm doing those things, weight should come off. I'm going to hit up some Insanity a few times a week, along with muscle training. My goal is 3 days of cardio, 2 days of muscle training. Or Insanity, which hits both. I also got a hula hoop! Laugh it up, but it's a weighted hula hoop and I can feel the burn in my abs after only a few minutes. I'm going to make myself hula hoop while we watch our tv shows. For reals. Even if it's just for 10-ish minutes.
- Work on my writing project (yeah, let's go with 'work on')
- My plan is to just write. I know my goal. I just have to do it, even if it's small bits at a time.
- Socialize
- Hilarious, but yes. Believe it or not, I'm not all that social. I mean, if I know you I can easily talk your ear off. But, I've never been the kind of person to initiate friendships with perfect strangers. It's easier if you work with someone or go to school with someone to slowly build up a friendship. We do have some friends here, that we got lucky with because it's our MO pastor's son and family. We hit it off with them fantastically. We've been introduced to some of their other friends and also seem to get along with them. So, it was nice to slide into at least one social group easily like that. But, there are lots of stay at home parents here and they go to parks a lot. Er'body's park rats up hur. I'm determined to make at least one other 'mommy friend' by myself. lol
- Settle into a church
- We've visited several churches. There are so many. But, we've yet to find one that fits us, or that we fit in - however you want to say that. I know the Lord has a place prepared for us and we have to have the motivation to find it. I just get so frustrated and over the church hunt after a few bad goes of it. That's an excuse from the enemy though. I refuse to be lazy about this any longer!
- Spending more one-on-one with the Big Guy
- I use to be so awesome at this. At scheduling bible, prayer, and worship time. Just person time with me and God. I've slacked so horribly at this and the conviction of it is heavy on my heart. I don't care if I have to start losing sleep, I'm going to get my time in with our Lord.
Okay, my brain is tired and that's all I can come up with at the moment. Stay tuned for updates though :)
Happy New Year everyone! Be blessed in the achievement of visions and goals for your new year.
No comments:
Post a Comment