Since Link started puppy classes at Petco, I've been working very hard with him on loose-leash training. I'm pleased to report that he has been doing very well. I'm proud of our progress.
Of course, he is only 9 weeks old and there's a lot of room for growth, we're still much further than we were even last week.
Today, when I got out of my car and hooked Link to the leash, he happily trotted along side me into the vet's office! With slack in the leash (not leading/lagging)!
I was like, the proudest puppy-parent ever. They even had a very sick puppy in there today and we had to wait almost half an hour past our appointment, and Link just sat there adjusting himself ever so often, while looking at me with a bored expression. I was so impressed! He didn't whine, he didn't bother me or anyone else, he didn't jump up on me or anyone else.
Maybe my other dogs are just really poorly behaved, but I was really proud of how he acted. He was basically perfect.
They took him outside to try and catch some pee (they were successful), he again surprised me by walking right back over to me to get back on the leash and walking right beside me to the room.
I sat in the floor with him while we waited for the results and he just leaned on me, being as calm and obedient as any pet could ever be.
Results? Poor pup has a bladder infection - ouch :(
And, at 9 weeks old he's 22 pounds (yikes! big boy - I'm loving it).
No comments:
Post a Comment