Monday, March 17, 2014

indoor skydiving

My blog is lacking posts, I'm aware. Most of my writing efforts are going into baby blog or writing projects these days though. 

However, today, I am posting here. This past Saturday I finally got my Valentine's Day present. Sure, it was a month late, but hey, better late than never, yeah? A faulty sitter, MO trip, and weeks of sickness are to blame for the delay.

We went indoor skydiving. It might or might not be what you think. It wasn't scary at all, which could be misleading since skydiving can be linked to fear. 

The iFly is an indoor wind tunnel/tube that creates true free falling conditions, like skydiving, without the having to jump out of an airplane part. The vertical wind tunnel generates a nice cushion of air for you to float on. Pretty cool. 

As first time 'flyers' an instructor was with us at all times, and we were only in the tube for a few minutes each. We also were instructed to stay in the standard position for the duration of our fly time. Nonetheless it was still really fun. I mean, we didn't get to do twirls or flips or anything, since we were noobs, but it was a cool simulation to be floating in the wind like that. And, we did get to be spun up all the way to the top with the instructor, so, yeah, pretty sweat. 








No comments:

Post a Comment