Saturday, June 19, 2010
Changing room
Today I was on the hunt for a dress/outfit for a friends wedding. I could have probably made do with something that I already have. Except that I don't have any dresses, granted I've never been a dress-wearing type person, I've recently been inspired by some of the fun summer dresses. And by a lady I work with who always wears the most adorable little dresses. I've decided to maybe give it a whirl.
We're also looking for a new comforter set and was looking for a Father's Day present, so Cory came along. We were at Kohls and had already scanned the comforter sets so I was on the dress hunt. The poor hubs was so bored, flipping through his phone and trying to remain occupied. I decided he might...enjoy...helping me pick out a dress. So, I told him to come back to the dressing room with me (with every expectation that he would say 'no'). He presses the button on top of his phone to lock it and sluggishly says "okay."
So we snuck back to one of the dressing rooms and I shoved him in real quick. I tried on a few dresses that either he didn't like or I didn't like. He's convinced that it's a 'good thing' I have him, because I have poor taste in dresses (his words). Then one his suggestions looked like something straight out of Smallville. It was pale blue and yellow...and plaid. Bleh.
Eventually we ran out of selections and so I had to leave him in the dressing room to go grab some more. This time we were successful. I found a cute little dress, with a sort of abstract design of brown, green, orange and cream colors. Very cute. Very summery. We both agreed on it and so I bought it. And wore it all day.
I was surprised at how well I did at keeping my legs in appropriate positions. Since I am a very comfortable pant wearer, I thought a dress may be more of a challenge. It was quite comfortable too. Especially with the hot day. Hmmm...maybe I can be a dress person.
Nah...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment