Sunday, June 6, 2010

Randomness

There is so much to say, but it is so completely random. Not connected at all.

I'll start with, Cory and I have recently been hunting for a new bedroom set! I'm excited. Ours is quite outdated. So we've been to Ashley Furniture and Slumberland so far. We're going to visit Patrick Furniture and Hutson Furniture before we make a decision.

The topic basically came up because of our bed that was like magic in Hawaii. For about a year now I've had some serious sleeping problems. Some nights it'll take me hours to fall asleep. Then I feel like I wake up every hour if not more frequently than that! I had zero sleeping problems in Hawaii (except for that whole asthma attack night). So, I'm convinced it's the bed. Plus, if you think about it you really spend a lot of time one your bed. I'd say more time than anywhere else in your house (or most people I know do), I think we deserve a good one!

After we visit the other two stores hopefully we'll be able to pick out a good one. Of course, the mattress is really what matters. Honestly. However, the hubs and I both want it to look nice. Probably more him than me. He's pretty picky on colors and design. Maybe by the end of the month I'll be sleeping on a new bed! That'd be glorious.

Next, topic. I lost 3 more pounds! My new weight loss total is 22.1 pounds! I'm real proud of myself. I'm about 10 pounds away from weighing what I did when I was in high school! That makes me very happy. My exercise habits haven't been quite as consistent lately. Though, my motivation is refocused with the most recent 3 pound departure. We really haven't been sticking to the plan so much, more or less just picking out a workout that we have time for and doing it. Last week I only worked out 3 times. I think since we haven't consistently worked out since like the Thursday before we left to go to Hawaii - so a few weeks ago really - we're going to start it all over again. Mainly because month 2 workouts are so intense I don't think it's a good idea to jump right into them when our bodies have had such a break. Seriously, they're that hard. So, we're restarting month 1. I think I'm going to start integrating gym workouts again and seeing if I can at least maintain my current weight and possibly even knock out those last 10 pounds I want to. And to also see if I can create a workout intense enough to maintain my Insanity results. If not, I may seriously just keep doing insanity. Or I may considering seeing a personal trainer -- for at least long enough to get a good workout plan. We'll see.

Next.

I'm also having another 'what am I doing with my life' freak out. The job I'm doing right not is pretty sucky. It's not the job I applied for and quite honestly, not the job I want. There was a lady in the company who is no longer there that held the position I want, so I'm crossing my fingers that maybe that means there'll be another job opening for that position and I can be a candidate for it. The thing with respite is that...you don't even really need a degree for it. I mean, we do get in client files, we meet with the specialists and we put together activities to meet the individual's goals, but it's seriously sort of like a glorified baby-sitting service. And definitely not what I went to school for four years to do.

So, yeah, freak out. Also, I've had like so many bizarre things happen that makes me feel like God is seriously saying, "Hey, you shouldn't be here." However, I feel like the only reason I am here is because of Him. He put me here. He made the opportunity available to me. Though, I also know that He lets us decide. You can't sit and wait on God always. Sometimes the option is yours and He wants you to take your own steps. AH! So my mind is fighting with itself. Or maybe my mind is fighting with my spiritual body.

And, there are no jobs here. All the jobs that I want or could do, are not available! No one is hiring! So for now, the really only thing I can do is stay put.

For the next two weeks I'm going to be working just over 40 hours/week. It's going to be crazy. Lots of back and forth a little travel, plus still working with my independent kiddo here in Cape.

p.s. My family had one of the biggest family fights we've ever had very recently, I will hopefully get to express my opinions about the topic it in a blog very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment