Another fun day in our household. Of course I woke up with a ton of sinus junk and terrible sore throat. This in combination with my growing, precious, baby putting pressure on my lungs has resulted in me being short of breath and pretty cranky all day :/
But, of course I'm sick. Why wouldn't I be? It's Fall, and I'm constantly exposed to snotty-nosed, fevered, and hacking up a lung kids. And, of course you can't do anything about them coming into the environment like that. Which is why all of them as well as teachers stay sick all the time.
That wasn't even the bad part of the day though. No, my poor, precious, sweet husband had a very sudden kidney stone attack at about 5:45 this morning. Very sudden. He was perfectly fine, no symptoms at all, and then just bam, he's in terrible agony.
I was about finished getting ready for the day anyway, so I threw my hair up, and we were out the door. Thankfully traffic is pretty light at 6 o'clock in the morning and we made it to the hospital in record time - that may have been because I ran nearly every stop light though.
Also, despite the pain, on the way there while I was driving like a crazy person and speeding through stop lights, the hubs joked, "In a few months we'll be doing this with you."
Same ole, same ole from there. They got him back right away, started an IV, gave him nausea and pain meds and up he went for his CT Scan.
That's one of the reasons we always have to take him in when he has these - the vomiting! He can't keep anything down. Not food or water and certainly not any medicine. He starts to look like a dead person in no time when he's throwing up like that and being tortured by pain.
This little stone is being more stubborn than the rest though. He's been in pain all day long! Usually after IV meds and the fluids it pushes through the kidney pretty quickly and drops into the bladder. Once it's through the kidney that largest part of the discomfort is at least over.
But, my poor hubby has been suffering from this relentlessly since the first sharp stabs of movement this morning. Not to mention he hasn't so much as kept a piece of toast or glass of water down.
I imagine tomorrow we'll try to get in to see our general physician. And I'm afraid if he hasn't started keeping anything down, he might be facing a stay in the hospital.
Plus, without any fluids going through him that stone isn't going to be moving :(
No comments:
Post a Comment