Sunday, September 30, 2012

we now know

On Friday, I finally had the highly anticipated gender reveal ultrasound. I was 16.3 weeks. I was about sick of hearing people say "Oh that's too early" or "They won't be able to tell yet." Which, if I'm being honest, makes me all the more happy they were able to tell. 

Even when I got in the ultrasound room, the technician said, "Now, it is a little early, so we might not be able to tell yet." I told her I was well aware of that. 

As soon as she found the baby, I was amazed! The last time I saw my baby it still looked like a bean! But, no, that was an actual tiny human I was looking at. The baby was facing us when she first found it, then rapidly started spinning and flipping. I was in awe! My little baby was in there moving around like crazy!

At first Lovebug was being very uncooperative and kept moving too quickly for the tech to get a good look at the goods ;)

Finally, they caught several images in a row that they examined and then explained to us what we were looking at - because for that first image they froze, we had no idea what we were looking at. 

When they pointed out the areas and then told us what the sex was, I teared up and everything! Yes, I've become one of those moms. 

I asked them how sure they were, and they said they were quite sure.

Unfortunately, I can't announce it to the internet world just yet. We're having our gender reveal party with our parents this afternoon at 3:00! I can't wait for them to find out! 

We've had a little guessing game going on and with my social media network guesses along with co-worker guesses, the standing totals (without family guesses) are:

Boy - 13
Girl - 9

Mommy thought boy and daddy strongly thought girl.

Can't wait to let you in on the secret ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment