Tuesday, October 16, 2012

newest pet peeve

I've discovered a new pet peeve, and it's got to be high up on my list of severe annoyances: going below the speed limit. 

Seriously, have I griped about this before? If not, it's long overdo. If I have, then it's equally justifiable to gripe about it again. 

I wake up at 5:30 in the morning. I leave my house to go to work anywhere between 6:40 and 6:45am. It's still dark outside. There aren't even that many cars out. 

Nevertheless, while heading South on Kingshighway after crossing Williams they all want to keep going 35/mph. And guess what? You can't pass any of them, because they're all going 10/mph under the speed limit. 

This might seem like a petty gripe, but seriously, if I didn't give myself plenty of time to get to work... these people's driving would probably make me late. 

I personally feel like if you're handing out speeding tickets, then you should be handing out going under the speeding limit tickets. It's equally as dangerous, in my opinion. Although, in my opinion traffic laws should only exist to keep other's safe, and just because you're driving fast doesn't necessarily mean you're driving recklessly.

Anyway, sure, I get pretty rage-filled over it, but I'm not an aggressive driver like some others - the ones that ride your butt to try to prove a point.

Maybe I should invest in some flashing/glowing, bright, neon signs that stress what the speed limit is. Or invent a little dart gun thing, that has a little suction cup on it that you can shoot it at people's cars and it'll stick on there with a nice passive-aggressive message. Or make one of those giant taxi-like signs to go on top of my car with a little scrolling message on it.

Just sayin... these are good ideas...

No comments:

Post a Comment