Thursday, July 18, 2013

infamous death

This is bound to be a weird post. 

Cory Monteith died. 


Sadness. 

It was a strange thing for me. I don't think I've ever truly "loved" an actor/actress that has passed away.

I love Glee. Finn and Rachel are my favorite characters on the show. I went and saw GleeLive even! I follow these people on Twitter, frequently entertained by their posts. I love the gossipy magazine articles. And a fan favorite, they were a 'real life' couple.




How awful for her? His family too, of course. His friends. All his fellow cast-mates. Another celebrity died a tragic death to a too familiar scene. 

When I heard the news it was one of these moments


The actor had always been so open about his drug addiction problems and had even self-admitted himself to a rehab back in the Spring. The whole drug thing is something I just can't wrap my mind around. I mean, I know, you get on this stuff and it is an addiction. But, for someone who was so open and willing for help... you know he knew the risks. Media sources tell you that Lea Michelle was his fierce guardian angel, keeping him in check and encouraging sobriety. I guess that only goes so far. 

It makes you wonder though, doesn't it? Who was he around that day, what influences were factors? Where'd he get it? 

I guess it's just a bunch of what ifs. 

I know people die of these things everyday and in some ways it's probably wildly offensive for the public interest to make such a work of celebrities dying this way. But, that's the gig. We like to connect with TV/Movies/Music. Just by being a fan, no matter how mildly so, I felt connected and was very saddened by the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment