I'm a birthday brat. No secret. I don't even care either. Birthdays are a big deal, you should celebrate it. I mean, if you want to. Some people dread their birthdays and in that event, maybe you shouldn't.
I've yet to dread a birthday, until this year. I'm not sure why. Yes I am. My impending demise takes place with each passing day, week, and year, right? For the first time in my life, I don't want to add another number to my age. I know I'm not old, but things are headed that way, aren't they? Time does speed up and right now it really just needs to slow down.
I'm about to spend my very first birthday with the newest love of my life. My first birthday as a parent. My first birthday with toothless grins, slobbery kisses, coos, and having this tiny little joy around. I'm excited to have Lovebug here! This birthday will always be memorable for that reason, my first birthday with him.
It's also my first birthday without family/friends. Being the birthday brat that I am, that makes it all feel very off. I'm seriously turning 26-years-old and I'm still use to cake and blowing out candles and presents. It's just how we roll.
So... what is this birthday going to be like? (Just another day?!)
The hubs will go to work, I'll stay home with my little chub-chub, and...?
I mean, I know we have our sitter scheduled for Saturday and we'll go celebrate then, but something still just feels off. This is the result you get for being a birthday brat. sigh
It's my birthday week and specifically my birthday eve, but there doesn't seem like much to be looking forward to right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment