Friday, August 2, 2013

26

I guess thinking my birthday might not be good set me up to be pleasantly surprised. 

I had an awesome day. 

LB slept 12 hours the night before (the last 3 nights actually), I'm taking that as his gift to me. Plus, he's just been in a super good mood this whole week. 

And, I even found a shirt that has an adoring mom phrase on it (instead of a dad one). 


If I'm being honest, I don't think I could've spent the day in any better company. He's my favorite (I'm his favorite too). 

I got to Skype with my mom, dad, and sister. They even sang happy birthday to me. I guess in a way that made me feel like I was with them. 

I got an Edible Arrangements delivery from my sweet friend, MKV. She's got to be one of the most thoughtful friends I've ever had. I'm going to have to find a way to start one upping her. I'm like a friend fail compared to her. She's always like that too. She was throughout college, she certainly was when Lovebug was born, and now I'm across the country and she still surprised me.

It really boost my already good mood. I was just in a good mood. 

When the hubs arrived home from worked he suggested pizza. I've been introducing dairy back into my diet (slowly). So far we haven't seen any negative side effects. But, we've not done anything too extreme either. I've been craving pizza so bad too! We decided to try it. I guess there's only one way to find out if I can have these things again, right? I've literally prayed several times that my milk is just a blessing in N's body and that his digestive system has matured enough to accept more foods. I'll let you know how it goes. 

We got home in time for cake and presents before LB's bedtime. He was so cute! He was so tired and he always gets fussy about an hour before his bedtime. But, he was pretty distracted with the little bag from the gift that was from him (lol). 


My husband got me a new Canon point and shoot! A PowerShot! I love my big guy (DSLR), but it's huge and heavy and I don't like hauling it around with us everywhere. I'm so excited about this tiny little one that will literally fit in my pocket for our day-to-day adventures. He also got me tons of stuff for our little coffee bar we have in the apartment, a huge SD card for the DSLR, and some 'accessories' for the coffee bar stuff. You probably fail to understand how excited I am about the little coffee bar stuff. 

He got the cutest little party glasses and blowers. I love that he still encourages such a relaxed and silly environment. I guess when LB came along I wondered if we'd still be like that. LB just looks at us seriously and sometimes cracks a smile. He's going to think we're crazy, isn't he? 


So to summarize, it was a different celebration than I'm use to, but in so many ways still the same. Plus, the sitter is scheduled for Saturday and we're having a date night!


2 comments:

  1. Whatever to friend failing! You've always been a great friend! So awesome about getting a point and shoot! Nice one Cory! I'm thinking of doing that soon at some point! I'll have to hit you up on reviews! Sounds like a great day! So happy it was! No one likes a dull birthday! And hoping the pizza is okay! Maybe he'll be like Elaina and grow out of dairy intolerance! And yay for coffee bar stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this!! Thanks :) It was a great day. I really hope he outgrows it like Elaina too. Poor babies :(

    ReplyDelete