C has been a little too excited about some 'famous' person he saw on his ferry ride today.
The guy was familiar to my husband because of some television based program that had something to do with computers that C watched as a child (yeah, my husband was that kid).
Tonight when asking me how to approach the guy if seen again (I have told him not to), we started making up scenarios that could help him not sound like a crazy person.
That's when C threw out a practice, "Ten years ago when I watched your show..." [long pause] "...fifteen years ago when I watched your show."
I laughed so hard. This gave me such a case of the giggles. You see, my hubby has always been the weird one about aging. It started when he turned 25.
I find it too hilarious that he's reached a point in life such that when he says, "ten years ago...," he isn't reaching back far enough into his childhood to complete the sentence.
It was the kind of laughing spell I have sometimes where I'm beyond the point of being able to breathe or speak sentences.
Ah...
I have no idea why it was that amusing to me. I'm only 3 years behind him...
No comments:
Post a Comment