I'd gotten a little side railed in my fitness since our most recent trip to MO. So, I had made a plan to spend 3 days doing a juice cleanse, to jumpstart my diet back to healthy and afterwards picking up with the good ole exercise.
I purchased a juicer and a frick-ton of produce over the weekend. I was ready.
I even started on Sunday with a steaming, hot detox bath before bed. I had one of those face spa/deep cleanse masks too. Since the recommended bath time was 20 minutes, I decided to smear on the mask, because the times lined up.
Oh, but what's the point of a detox bath? That's right. To sweat out toxins. So that face mask never set. By the time my 'relaxing' 20 minutes of bath time were up, I was uncomfortably hot with a thick gooey substance running down my face.
I tried to give some more time for the mask to dry up, but it just wasn't happening. So, I finally started rinsing it off. Which took forever.
I woke up Monday with my face breaking out. What a great start to the detoxing.
I made my juice for the day and sipped on it, thinking it wasn't all that bad and believing I could accomplish this task.
Not 30 minutes after my first sip, I very suddenly felt sick. Like vomiting sick. Except, I have a phobia of vomiting. So instead of giving in, I lay on the cool hardwood floor with a wash cloth over my face, fighting the urge to heave.
When I had that under control, I stood up. The mere smell of the celery in the juice made me gag. I quickly dumped the juice and rinsed all traces of the smell out.
I don't like celery as it is, but let me tell ya, an immediate food aversion happened. I will never consume celery again.
Determined to give this juicing thing a real try, I read about substitutes and went and re-purchased the produce needed with a cucumber/zucchini replacement for celery.
I was still dizzy and nauseated from the first glass, but I made this new batch and drank another anyway.
Again, about a half our after drinking it... sickness. I was clammy, and extremely nauseated, and light headed.
For some stupid reason, I kept thinking it'd get better and I just needed to push through. Two more glasses of juice later with the same side effects... I gave up on my juice cleanse/fast.
That was around 1pm. I didn't stop being nauseated until like 5pm.
It was a terrible, terrible day.
My super body, three day detox/cleanse lasted all of 24 hours.
Maybe my body is so full of toxins that the mere existence of real nutrition was treated as toxins (sarcasm). Or maybe there was some produce in there that was just making me sick. Either way, I have all kinds of aversions now and won't be trying a juice cleanse again any time soon (if ever).
No comments:
Post a Comment