Tuesday, January 13, 2015

new year's resolutions 2015

Hur we go! Another year of goals and visions :)

  • Learn a new skill (yearly)
    • I’m not sure what yet, but I will think of something!
  • 12 books in 12 months (yearly)
    • Maybe if I had a list of books to read, I’d be more productive on this. I have the Divergent series on my kindle. Beyond that… anyone have suggestions? 
  • Web Design
    • I want to get back into my web design learning. I found it exciting and was impressed with my progress. Then some crap slowed it down and eventually I just stopped learning it all together. My goal is to reach a level where it could be contracted. Whether or not I actually do contract work is not the goal, it's just to reach the skill level of being there. Then, we'll see.  
  • Etsy Growth
    • I had a whopping 14 sales last year (whoa, better slow. it. down.). I want to get at least one new theme out per month, and introduce a few new items/products on the regular. And if I can't manage that, then I'm liking closing shop. 
  • Schedule Personal Time
    • This one might seem odd to some, but the hubs and I have done this before and I believe it's a healthy necessity. I'm talking about taking the time you have in your day (outside of work and other obligations) and scheduling it like you do for other things. This includes personal passions, family time, activities, reading, writing, hobbies, etc. Once upon a time our evenings consisted of a project night, TV night, game night, reading night, internet screwing around night. It's easy to slump into a unassigned norm if you aren't making an effort to schedule your personal time. So, I want to get back to it. It's easy to say "I don't have time for that." Yet, come time to watch The Flash or Arrow I amazingly have the time. So, I want to start spending my free time in more meaningful and productive ways.
  • Me Time
    • Okay, I seriously do not have enough time to myself. Even if it's just taking a long bath and reading a book without disruptions. Or going out after N's bedtime for a starbucks and shopping. I've just seriously got to start making it happen. My goal in this is at least twice a month I will do something for myself without my boys ;)
And that's all I got for now. 

New year. Fresh start. Let's do this! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment