Monday, August 17, 2009

A man thing or a C thing?

About once every six months or so I have a total breakdown about what I'm going to do with my life. Except for it's been like x10 lately since I'm trying to plan out my LAST year of college and already looking for job opportunities (yikes). 

My school just started offering a sequence of ABA courses starting this Fall. The courses are structured to prepare you for a test that, if passed, certify you as a BCBA on a bachelors level. 

My school adviser really wants me to pursue this, whereas my internship supervisor feels it's not as beneficial as it's being made out to be. He says it's only really worth while to get the BCBA if done on a master's level. 

After explaining in detail the differences between the B.S. level vs the M.S. level C says, "So you'd be like a padawan learner?"

"Sure." I humored him. 

"Well, I guess it would be more like a Jedi knight, but not a Jedi master. A padawan would be like a student in the classes." 

Leave it to him...

3 comments:

  1. That totally does not surprise me! By the way...I don't care what they say, in my opinion, you are already a Jedi Master!

    ReplyDelete