Wednesday, August 19, 2009

What does my future hold?

I guess only the big guy knows the answer to that one, huh? I feel like sometimes He lets us decide too much. It's so easy to make mistakes. Sometimes, I feel like I'd rather God just spell it out for me. 

I did finally make a decision about school though. I decided not to take the ABA courses nor go for my masters. The ABA stuff is a certification, so I can always come back to it later if I want. Same with grad school, it'll always be there. 

I was offered an assistantship that was going to pay a monthly stipend of $600, plus all of my tuition. So, yeah, call me stupid (and ask me in a year if I still feel like I made the correct choice).

At least the hubby knows his direction in life, and has a solid foundation for us. And, honestly, expanding our family in the next 3-5 years will probably become a reality. The plan for that time in our lives has always been for me to stay home. I don't really want to expand my years at school, while postponing the years of building our family.

The jobs I'm seeking are most likely not any easier to get with a master's anyway, and it really boiled to that. 

I'm still a little stressed, but I feel sure of my decision. I'm schooled out for the moment, I'm ready to try out life in 'big girl' world.

No comments:

Post a Comment