So this is it. The last time I'll go back to school in August. Isn't that insane? Isn't that weird? I remember C saying that's when it got weird for him. When everyone else started school the August after he graduated and he didn't.
I remember Mom getting all sad on the first day of my last year of high school. I wonder if she realizes Monday was the first day of my last year of college.
It's still early, but I'm off to a good start.
I have an idea I'd really like to pursue. It's for a business for parents who have children with disabilities. God gave me a vision over this.
There were service programs for these parents to teach them a family dynamic that had not been prepared for. Weekly support groups, monthly workshops, a learning library, a parent lounge, one-on-one counseling, informational and support call center.
It was amazing. It is an amazing idea. I would love to be a part of it.
The second part of that would be a child care center for kids with disabilities. People to work with them who have degrees in Child Development and understand how to care for them in ways that are productive towards development and functioning.
Perhaps even OT, speech, and ABA therapy available onsite.
A good friend of mine shares a passion for this, and might be interested in helping me find out if we can make this happen.
Something like this has to the potential to be amazing. I have the potential to make it happen. If only I can find the right resources.
An adviser is, well, advising us pretty thoroughly. He's also doing a wonderful job at devil's advocate to show us weak areas that could be problematic in a grant proposal.
To help us focus on this and get more experience, he also helped us escaped yet another Child Studies class in the flipping on-campus daycare. I hate that the assumption with Child Development majors is that you're a glorified day care worker. Sure, that might be what some people want to do, but not me... or the majority of classmates I know.
So, bring on yet another internship. I'll take it over the day care practicum anytime.
I remember Mom getting all sad on the first day of my last year of high school. I wonder if she realizes Monday was the first day of my last year of college.
It's still early, but I'm off to a good start.
I have an idea I'd really like to pursue. It's for a business for parents who have children with disabilities. God gave me a vision over this.
There were service programs for these parents to teach them a family dynamic that had not been prepared for. Weekly support groups, monthly workshops, a learning library, a parent lounge, one-on-one counseling, informational and support call center.
It was amazing. It is an amazing idea. I would love to be a part of it.
The second part of that would be a child care center for kids with disabilities. People to work with them who have degrees in Child Development and understand how to care for them in ways that are productive towards development and functioning.
Perhaps even OT, speech, and ABA therapy available onsite.
A good friend of mine shares a passion for this, and might be interested in helping me find out if we can make this happen.
Something like this has to the potential to be amazing. I have the potential to make it happen. If only I can find the right resources.
An adviser is, well, advising us pretty thoroughly. He's also doing a wonderful job at devil's advocate to show us weak areas that could be problematic in a grant proposal.
To help us focus on this and get more experience, he also helped us escaped yet another Child Studies class in the flipping on-campus daycare. I hate that the assumption with Child Development majors is that you're a glorified day care worker. Sure, that might be what some people want to do, but not me... or the majority of classmates I know.
So, bring on yet another internship. I'll take it over the day care practicum anytime.
I just read this whole thing and as you know I completely agree... this semester is going to be great and horrible all at the same time!! BUT!!! Let's just look forward to THE PLAN!!! God willing that it happens!
ReplyDelete-Michelle