Friday, September 2, 2011

Crazy busy (once again :)

So... this week has been a little crazy. It was my first week with my new kiddos... and boy do I have some challenging ones. But, I'm holding my ground! I'm implementing all of the techniques that I learned in school and, most effectively, everything that I've learned from working with individuals with Autism for like the last 4 years. Again, difficult. However, there was noticeable difference even between yesterday and today. 

Then, we nailed a huge gig at our studio with an art studio in town. We're doing commercial and event photography for them!! So awesome! It's a really big step for us. And they love us! We shot at their First Friday event tonight and they talked us up to everyone who came in :)  

We've also shot two video interviews for them! It was a first for us, we don't pretend to be videographers, nor is it something we want to regularly start doing. But, it was a fun, new experience and actually turned out pretty well. Man, editing videos is much harder than editing pictures though. Geez! I had fun with it though! 

We also made that clear to the client too, but they still wanted us to do it and I thought that was pretty cool. They seem very impressed and that's a huge compliment. 

Then, we got a call about doing photography for a documentary film that's suppose to be shot in this geographical vicinity!! Talk about big!! We'd get our names on a movie credit! Pretty cool. We're still working to secure this, I hope we do.

So twice this week I worked from like 8-4:30 at day job and then like 5-7 at business job. Today I didn't get get done with AAP stuff until 9:00pm!! I'm pretty exhausted. But... despite the tone of this post... I'm truly not complaining. I love what I do for my business and I love working with kids. And I love that I'm getting an opportunity to do both. And I really love that our business has actually gotten really busy in the last month or so! It's exciting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment