Saturday, September 10, 2011

Worky stuff and being sick

If I'm having trouble titling a post, does that mean there is too much randomness in it? 

Oh well. 

My new work is slightly challenging. I'm tryin' real hard to whip my kiddos into shape, but geez! Some of them are just... challenging. I'd love to write all about it and give tons of hilarious, frustrating, and completely unbelievable stories... but I learned my lesson once that exercising your constitutional right for freedom of speech can have its downfalls. Especially if you tick off a person who in a higher position of power than yourself.

But, I've already seen significant improvement in the behaviors around me. I just still have a long way to go. *sigh*

On top of that, I've still been having a lot of work at the studio. Of course, I'm super excited about this, but it's been a lot to accomplish. 

And I've been sick. Surprise, surprise. I decided to start working out again and I started new work. Of course I was going to get sick. 

Typical sinus/sore throat/cough/wheezing stuff. Oy, the sore throat has been extreme today :(  I've tried just about everything to get some relief to no avail. 

And the hubs hasn't let me play Disc Golf like all week!! I'm having withdrawal and we have the Ace Race soon! I need to be practicing! Maybe tomorrow. 

I've been very hypothetically throwing out the idea of getting a bicycle again. Ever since breaking my pelvis, I haven't been able to get on one. At all. But, I live super close to the trail and the trail leads like right to my work - a long ride, but still very near my work - and so it seems like a fun idea to be able to ride my bike to work. For whatever weird reason, I've always wanted to be able to do that. Plus, it could totally be my workout! And the day job doesn't really require that I be super dressed up or anything. So... I'm considering it. Who knows. I was so dead set on never riding a bike again that I even got rid of mine. So, I'd need a new bike and everything. It's a fun idea. One of many that will probably never happen. *sigh*

Randomness:
  • Andy's has a 24 Karrot Cake Concrete right now and it is like magic! So delicious!
  • The fair is this week! So I have to get better soon and go spend a ridiculous amount of money getting into the fair and then eating all of the food that's horrible for you. 
  • My husband is awesome. He's really been stepping up lately. I mean, I guess with me being gone from like 7:30am till 8-or-9:00pm several evenings a week he's sort of had to. But still. 

No comments:

Post a Comment