Sunday, January 1, 2012

bye bye 2011

There's really no way around it... 2011 sucked. For me. My family suffered the loss of several family members, I had a whole mess of - uh - 'work drama,' I was sick most of the year with chest/breathing related problems, we tried to move and that just could not find a way to work out, oh... and one of my siblings embraced a life of jerk-hood while using his children to hurt his own family. Fun times.

Of course, the year wasn't all bad. I did open a studio this year and have loved every minute of it! Even the hard and challenging parts! It's been such a great learning experience for me and I have just loved it! Even when it's time consuming and draining. And that's really not sarcasm. I have enjoyed all of it so much. I love taking pictures! I love editing pictures! I love doing creative edits to pictures! I love designing new things! I love working on the website! Plus, I have such a blast getting to work along side the co-owners that I have. They are awesome people.


My husband has had several nice surprises at his work this year, even if he has taken on a lot more responsibilities, and even if all that he juggles there stresses him out from time to time, he does enjoy his job. And that is awesome. There really aren't very many people that say that.


I did get another 'new' job too. Working as a teacher with 5-year-olds. Who'd have thunk it? I sure didn't think I ever would. Which, just to logically defend the previous sentence, I guess I never really thought of being a 'teacher' of sorts. I always said I'd never work in daycare/childcare. And... I don't. So, that's something. I never wanted to be a teacher either though. Haha! Whatever, the point is... I don't completely hate it. I even like it much better than my previous employment. I've made some new relationships with people that are a blast to work with. Even if a lot about it is blah and... drama-filled - apparently every work place is - I don't hate it. I'm not miserable. And that fills like a sort of victory. Comparatively.


I got to go see Glee in concert! Haha. That also meant that I got to travel to a new place: Chicago!


And, I got to go to New York!


So, a lot of new things. A lot of bad things (but, I didn't want to focus on all the bad things in this post, that'd have been way too depressing) and a lot of good things. It's just that the bad things really felt like they overpowered the good ones this year :(


I'm ready for a new year!


God, bless the new year and bless our lives as we enter into it! Help us always keep You close and always keep You first in our lives. Help us know that everything happens for a reason and that You are in control. Help us trust You. Send fire to our hearts so that we will seek Your face. Convict us of the things in our lives we need to change. Give us new hearts of worship and praise and prayer this year! Amen :)


Happy New Year! I feel very excited about it - for some reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment