Wednesday, January 4, 2012

vegetarian

We have began our ovo-lacto vegetarian eating adventures. It's going okay. The first few days were safe. Things like: salads with baked potatoes, veggie noodle dishes, etc.

But, tonight, we busted out some tofu. I've had tofu before and I don't remember thinking it was the worst thing I'd ever eaten. But, that tofu stir-fry that I made tonight...
bleh! It was just all around horrible.

I took like three bites and then talked the hubs into letting me eat a PB&J and a bowl of cereal ;)


Also, the whey protein shake stuff we got... totally gross! I so cannot do that. I read and have been told that people who are new to vegetarian diets should drink some sort of protein shakes several times a week and gradually decrease it. Because lack of protein can cause you to feel fatigued and exhausted. This apparently happens when people who eat meat up and decide to no longer eat meat instead of gradually taking themselves off of it. 


I've also had protein shakes before and didn't think they were the worst thing I'd ever had. I actually drank mostly protein shakes that first week after my wisdom teeth pulling adventure, because I couldn't eat! We had the Special K ones though. Perhaps brand is everything. But, I am so not going to be able to drink the ones we got!


I'm trying to stay strong! Today at school we had biscuits with sausage gravy for breakfast and then BBQ chicken for lunch. I think God is testing my willpower! Lol. I didn't cave though! Not at all! I'm going to give this a real go for at least 3-6 months! 

No comments:

Post a Comment