The reality of how fast time does go by has really been clear to me lately. There are times when it has felt a single day or week took forever to pass by. But, seriously? It’s the end of my junior year of college?! I’ve decided that I don’t want to grow up anymore.
Oh, it has been a busy semester. I have but one final left before my 18 hour semester is finally over. I’ve accomplished a lot and have enjoyed every second of it. Even if I whined the whole time, it honestly has been worthwhile.
I completed my ABA therapy internship. ABA is applied behavioral analysis. I've been doing therapy with individuals who have autism. The therapy is based on behavior and influencing responses to shape a behavior desired.
This internship was undoubtedly challenging, but I've gotten a little cocky. The person who trained me and oversaw my work in this area was impressed with my skill. This person also got me a job working independently with a family to continue my growth in this area. I'm nervous, but excited. When I started this semester, I dreaded this experience. I feared I wouldn't like it or be good at it. Both of those fears were rendered false.
I have a few weeks here to catch my breath (and the 3 year wedding anniversary is coming up!).
The first week in June, I will start my new job and my 2nd internship (continuing with ABA). I was recruited for this internship to help shape and lead a social group for kids with Autism. It seems as though one of the leading purposes will be to help prepare for kindergarten skills.
Then, on June 15th summer classes start. Busy. Busy. Busy.
And then…*gasp* my senior year of college will start.
Time really is flying by, it’s gone before I even realize it’s here. I hope that I can manage to hold on to all this craziness around me and appreciate how precious this time is.
No comments:
Post a Comment