Thursday, May 28, 2009

Happy Anniversary?

Yesterday was mine and C's 3 year anniversary! I'm sad to report I was mostly just frustrated with him. 

We have some friends staying with us (six friends) while we transition to help them move - the date had to change because of the rain. Now, don't mistake that sentence. I've enjoyed their company a lot. We've had a blast, I think. Games and goofing off and lots of socializing. 

Now, I know there's a lot of people around, but I feel like the hub's attention could've at least have been focused on me for the day. Sure, I can acknowledge that sounds conceded, but I'm sticking to it.

I didn't even put it all on him. I went down to his 'man cave' a few times to initiate what he might like to do for the day, but was ignored by games and 'guy stuff.' 

So, after a morning spat, we finally went to the park and played some ultimate frisbee - which was fun. 

Then other games followed once back home. Followed by some lounging around. 

A yummy dinner at Texas Roadhouse was a nice recovery too. 

But then, when we got back home, C looked into the room they were staying in with a gasp of, "Tessa...oh...no!" 

I was trying to think of what could justify the look on her face. Then, I walked through the hallway to where Jovi was laying on their bed. 

My first thought was, "I'm going to freaking kill her." 

My second thought was, "How the hell did she get out?" 

To top it off, she peed all over the bed. 

I also, snapped at our guests with, "Don't talk to her, she's clearly in trouble." 

After piling downstairs there was wood and blood everywhere, from where the idiot had chewed her way out of the room she'd been in. I mean, clearly she was hurting herself... what an unintelligent creature. 

There were too many people and I screamed at everyone again with, "Everyone needs to get out of my way!" 

I later felt extremely guilty about all the snapping towards my guests. Sorry guys. 

They all got back upstairs after that, while we dealt with the mess of everything that dog had done.

I was made even more angry by the fact that C just stood there not really doing anyting and made the ridiculous comment of, "It's definitely a frustrating situation. I am frustrated, but I don't know why you're so angry." 

I had to break it down for him. It wasn't just that she'd escaped. It was the fact that she came upstairs when she knows she isn't allowed, she got on a bed (of all things), and peed on it! It's the amount of disrespect and disobedience she displays on a regular basis. Clearly she isn't seeing us as pack leaders, and that is a problem. 

I personally believe she needs to be re-homed and put in a better environment.

At the end of everything, when laying silently in bed for a long time. I finally sighed and rolled away from C. 

Then he snuggled close and whispered, "Thank you for being my wife." 

And those are the six words that made the day end on a good note.

No comments:

Post a Comment