I thought as my pregnant friends started to have their babies the number of pregnant people I knew would go down. Nope! Just have more friends becoming pregnant now! It's crazy.
Let's see here, two of my friends have had their babies already (congrats). One had a little girl the other a little boy. Precious.
I have had two other friends recently come out with their big news, which keeps my total of pregnant friends at six. And, as sad as it is, I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting about someone.
I recently had a conversation with one of my friends who is expecting a little boy in October about baby names. It was a little insane how people are over their baby names now. I mean, people will seriously get angry if they know someone who is naming their child the same name that they have picked out for their own child. Crazy. And sort of funny. I mean, there are going to be lots of other kids who share the same name with your child. Why does it matter so much if you know them or not?
I mean, I had a friend who just had a baby boy and named him Noah. Cory and I have had the name Noah picked out since before I was even really knew this person and definitely since before I was close to her. Noah is very, very likely to be our son's name as well. Granted there are some others in the running like Anakin. Yes, we both seriously like the name. But, I don't really want people thinking I named my kid after Star Wars. And then what if I have two boys or something? One of them has a name like Anakin and the other like Noah? Yeah, that doesn't go together well. Not that they have to go together or anything, but comparatively speaking...
Anyway, our second pick has always been Noah. Always. There have been a few others pop up that I like as well like Nolan and Tobias. But, Noah is still my pick. That's just how it is. I'm not going to change it just because someone else had their kid first and named him that. It seems silly to me. And I hope that doesn't offend anyone I know...
For the record if we have a little girl her name will be Skyler Hana ('Ha-Nuh' is Japanese for love flower... or something - we want to give our kids Japanese middle names).
No comments:
Post a Comment