Thursday, July 1, 2010

Twilight Trilogy

There's really no way around it at this point. I spent $20 on tickets, took off work early and spent 9 1/2 hours at the theater for...Twilight. I. Am. A. Nerd. An obsessed nerd too. The numb butt, stiff knees (after all, there are only so many ways to shift your weight in a theater chair over 9 1/2 hours) and extreme tiredness when the last movie let out at 2:05am was TOTALLY worth it. There's no way around it, Twilight the movie, SUCKED. It sucked bad. Then, New Moon, drastically improved from Twilight, but in my opinion still wasn't that great of a movie. All things considered. I still watched it and obsessed over it, because I've read the books. I get so much more from the movie because I know the back story. Eclipse, was a huge jump for these films. It's actually a good movie. They improved on their CGI so much with the wolves. So much. And the fight scene was just amazing. The actors/actresses did so much better and there was even a lot of humor in it. I laughed out loud several times. Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner did a fantastic job with their characters in this one. Their interactions were awesome, and for the most part always hilarious. I've never been to such an interactive movie either. It was like going to a cardinals/cubs game! Team Edward versus Team Jacob. Hilarious. Our theater was greatly dominated by Team Edward (ahem, the winning - and best - side of course). People would cheer and clap, whistle and holler, argue and make comments throughout the whole film. Very humorous. I particularly liked how the Team Jacob fans could really only hoot 'n holler when Jacob wasn't wearing a shirt. No worries, Team Edward put the smack down on them whenever he and Bella were making out, hanging out, spending time together...oh...and particularly when she said 'yes' to his proposal. Haha. It was a good time. I was actually shocked at the lack of teen population there. Perhaps it's because we were at the trilogy showing. 9 1/2 hours is a long time. Most of the people in our theater were definitely of adult age. I'm not sure if that's more or less sad. Probably more. Ah, who am I kidding? I embrace my love for Twilight with open arms!! And I got to endure it with my BFF and another really close friend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment