
This, my friends, is my birthday / Christmas present. I wasn't suppose to get it until Christmas time. But, when I was in St. Louis this weekend for a training the hubs folded and let me get it early. I'm going to believe it's due to his rare moment of sweetness ;)
The training wasn't that bad. I learned about different experiences of hands-on conflict. How it might happen and how to get out of the holds, etc. So it entailed a lot of closeness with people I had just met and will probably never see again. Lots of hug-like positions, some from behind 'doggy-style' like positions.
Yeah.
You get behind the person squat such that your crotch is "in between their back pockets," then you use certain hand maneuvers to to work their hands and arms down in front of them and hold them there in a "hug from behind" position. It's hard to explain. It was inspired by martial arts. So crazy effective. I couldn't get out of it to save my life. And when I was the first one to get out instructor into the hold - I wear that statement with pride, considering he was a 6'4" and somewhere in the ball park range of 250 lbs - he couldn't get out! He slung me around a bit, but we had already practiced foot work. So I had him, man.
Fun, fun. Anyway, back to iPad awesomeness. It is awesome. I've been glued to it for like 2 days. And the calendar app is amazing! I've got all of my work stuff into it and it has a really nice weekly view on it. I love it. I ordered fun little pen for it and one screen protectors yesterday. Hopefully they'll be here before Thanksgiving. I'm so excited about all the fun apps!! Like this blogger one I'm using right now. I haven't decided if I really like it yet. We'll see.
Ugh. We're taking one of our Social Groups to the SEMO basketball game tonight. So I probably wont be back home until like 10 o'clock. When you have to take a lunch and dinner break from work... you've worked too long!
- Posted from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment