Saturday, November 13, 2010

He lives!

The hubs went in for his extraction of all four wisdom teeth yesterday. Priceless.

When I walked into the room, his cheeks were puffy, his mouth was hanging open and he was staring at the ceiling. I started cracking up. The nurse could barely get through all of her instructions for me because I was laughing so hard. I couldn't help it.

Then the doctor came in to let me know how it went and Cory put his fist out for the doctor to bump it. The doc did and at that moment Cory said, "Boooom." I started laughing again.

It was pretty hilarious getting him to get out of the chair and start walking too. He was convinced he could do it himself. But, then started talking about how hard and weird it was. By the time had made it to the door, he was sick. Yep, started vomiting. The nastiest thing ever. I won't give you details.

They gave him a shot of something. We made it to the car and I started to drive home while he explained his adventures to me. Also, he asked if he could keep his wisdom teeth and the nurse told him no. So then he said, "The tooth fairy is going to be pissed." Yeah. So he goes through everything he remembers. So funny.

I get him home and walking into the house was an adventure it itself. He couldn't walk that well. And he kept taking breaks to press his face against the wall. By the time we'd made it to the bedroom. He threw up again. Poor guy. I felt so bad for him by that point. Throwing up after wisdom tooth extraction is so bad. He brings up all the blood that's suppose to be forming the secure clot for no dry sockets. Not to mention he, of course, had to spit several times afterwards. Again, very bad for the clot.

He threw up a total of 6 times yesterday. He was the most pitiful being ever. He kept breaking my heart. After each time he would apologize to me for it, poor guy. He was sorry that I was having to fetch bowls and then clean them and get cool wash clothes and cups of water and change his gauze each time. *Love, it's my job to take care of you and if you ever needed taking care of, I wouldn't choose any other thing.*

We finally got some anti-nausea medicine called in. He threw the first one back up, but kept the 2nd pill down and has since not thrown up anymore. He took another pill this morning and has kept everything down. He even had a little bit of food this morning. I hope that part is over. Now, I just hope those blood clots are okay.

He is running a fever this morning though. Poor, baby. He's had a rough go of it. And now, I hear he's woken up from a nap, I'm back on the clock. I'll keep you posted! Say a prayer for him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment