Saturday, November 6, 2010

If you really wanted to we would

Everyone who reads this blog knows that I have my random spouts of baby fever. So, today when I came back home from being at a baby shower, it was a given that I'd be infected.

I started my whining about my desires to have a kid. Then, I started analyzing our lives and how we're really in a good place right now. We could have a kid. The hubs biggest defense on the topic is, "The other 6 days of the week you aren't going to want to have one."

I argued this slightly. Then he announced, "If you really wanted to have a baby right now, we'd be having a baby right now."

I didn't really have much to say about that. I am a little finicky on the topic. I do want a baby. I really do have a strong desire to have a baby. But, do I really have a strong desire to have one now?

The humorous and insanely frustrating part to that question is that I really don't know the answer. I won't go into all the points that I've made a hundred times about getting to do whatever I want like taking those Hawaii-type trips, and just all the other strange and fun things that I get to do with just my husband etc., etc. The truth is, I just do want to do a few more things before I have a kid. And I really hate that, because I really want to be a mommy.

Then, the question becomes what in the world do I do to hold myself over until I do get the positive on the pregnancy front?  

No comments:

Post a Comment