Thursday, February 24, 2011

Bubble umbrella

Last night, I woke up startled to the sound of thunder. So, then, I had some weird dream about loud sounds that kept scaring me. 

Anyway... that's totally unrelated. 

Today, we had game night with some of Cory's co-workers. It was a fun time. I decided to bake some goodies.

That meant, I had to go to the store. In the pouring rain! I swear, I must have went when it was raining the hardest too. 

I decided to take our 5-gallon water jug and fill it up while I was out and about. 

So, I got my 'essentials' - ya know: velveeta, rotel, cookies, pizza - and was headed back out to the car. 

I was so proud of my huge, awesome, bubble umbrella. I've barely had the opportunity to use it since I've had it. The only part of me that had really gotten wet was my shoes. 

Once, I got to the car and successfully loaded all of the groceries with only one hand (using the other to hold up the umbrella), it occurred to me that I had that stupid 5-gallon jug - now full of water. I was sad. Just when I was about to concede and fold the umbrella, the cart guy stopped and offered to load it for me. And then took my cart. 

So, I didn't have to get wet after all. 

Success. 


No comments:

Post a Comment