Saturday, February 5, 2011

Grand Opening

Friday was an insane day. However, it was also a great day. 

I started the day waiting in a doctor's office for over an hour, only to not be seen by the doctor because he had to go deliver a baby. *sigh*

After that, I rushed to the studio to start hanging up our prepared photos. I stopped that around 1pm to rush home and take a shower and get ready. It was our grand opening after all, I wanted to look cute ;)

My sister and BFF met me at my house to follow me back to the studio once I was finished getting ready. We got there around 3:00pm. We finished hanging up photos, got the snack tables ready, and did some cleaning. 

By the time we finished all of those things, it was time for the big night to begin. Our first guest walked in around 5:15. It was a wonderful start to the night. It was a lady from the Missourian, who is wanting to do like a weekly write-up (or something like that) on different art places in town. She's wanting to get about 6 places and after meeting us and our work, she definitely wanted us! Too cool! 

I had a lot of family come up from Poplar Bluff. That was awesome. I also had a lot of family from the Cape area come in too! It was a nice cozy hang-out. I didn't even realize that our space would be good for something like that, but it was. It was a nice perspective too. People came in and made themselves right at home! They enjoyed the snacks and I think everyone enjoyed each others company. Lots of giggles and laughs filled the room.

We had several people from the First Fridays stop in with our flyers. It was nice to see that our flyers actually brought some people in. Even the president of the Arts Council came by! That's was pretty cool. 

And we booked at least one session. 

Everyone that came was very impressed with our work and even the few paintings that I had hung up. 

Finally, around 9pm we locked up - after running people out. Ha! It was just family/friends left at that point. I had been running all day and the only thing I'd eaten was 3 cookies and some carrots (from the snack table). 

I ended the night with a nice dinner with my parents and sister. My parents headed back to PB and my sis came back home to stay the night with us. 

All in all, it was a great day. I'm even more excited about this gig now! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment