I like Insanity, I mean, I'm a walking success testimony for the program. But... I'm getting a little burned out on it. Especially the Month 2 workouts. They're just so long. I think I'm actually less productive during them. I mean, 15 minutes into the thing and I'm face-planted into the floor, sprawled out in complete exhaustion. I manage to get back up and do short spurts of the exercises, but then double back over to rest.
So... I've decided I'm going to try to start running again. I use to love, love, love running. I was a hard-core basketball playa back in the day. And my coach was a hard-core basketball coach. We did a lot of running. Instead of whining about it and exaggerating it's degree of torture, I decided to be one of the few to embrace it. We ran. A lot. And that was before the pre-season practices. Once they started, we went down to only running 3 miles everyday before the practice itself started. Yeah. Like I said... hard-core.
We were good too, so I guess it paid off. My coach was convinced that out-of-shape, laziness was a large factor in people losing games. When your team isn't giving it their all, it's easy to start slacking. His girls weren't going to be out of shape. Rule number 1: Cardio. Truth. And it worked... in the 3rd quarter of any given game we weren't near as tired as our opposers and we could easily run the other team ragged. I seriously think we won some of our games just because of that fact.
Anyway, I said all of that just to say justify that I'm going to start running again. Or try anyway. I don't consider myself to be horribly out of shape anymore, but I know that my lungs aren't probably in very good shape. Not to mention all the Asthma related problems. I'll have to take it easy on 'em.
So... we're thinking of doing like a running/Insanity mix. Maybe just alternate days. Or only doing Insanity like once... maybe twice a week for right now. We're also going to start incorporating our own little ab workout. I'm honestly not completely disgusted with the size I'm at right now. In fact, I think if I could just get a little more toned, I'd even be okay with it.
I'll keep ya posted.
Random shoe hunting story:
I've been looking for some running/athletic shoes. See, in our house... it's like some sort of blasphemy to spend more than say $40 on a pair of shoes. Which is admittedly quite an accomplishment these days. Plus, I've never had like super sensitive feet or anything. I've always done just fine in my good ole Payless shoes. So, that's where I started. However, I didn't really find any I liked there.
I went to Shoe Carnival next. After trying on like every pair of athletic shoes they had I decided that I really liked the Nike Reax. But... they were $75. I came home and looked around on the internet a bit and still couldn't find them for under $60, but I had the hubs wavering on his $40 range at that point. He'd been on me about going to Nearly Perfect. I don't care that much for Nearly Perfect. Maybe it's because I don't think I've ever actually purchased a pair of shoes from them, because they never have anything I like.
I caved and decided to go look. After 30 minutes of trying on like 6 pair of shoes, I was done there. When I was just ready to leave I noticed a hot pink Nike sign. I decided to go investigate. Sure enough, there was a black and hot pink pair of Nike Reax. I was like, "nut-uh!" But, I tried them on and did a bunch of hilarious things: jogging in place, lunges, ... ya know, the typical test-out-the-shoes stuff.
And... they were only $41!!! Success!! They're so pretty too ;) I love me some pink.
So... here they are:
No comments:
Post a Comment