Saturday, October 15, 2011

Better nip it in the bud

Recently, the hubs and I consumed a bag of popcorn, some candy bars, and at least a row of cookies while playing a game. Seriously? 

I always feel so guilty when I stuff my face full of the delicious things that are terrible for me too. 

I've been able to come up with legitimate excuses for not working out for quite some time now, however, there really isn't a legitimate excuse for eating so terrible. 

So, today, we did our grocery shopping and got back to our healthy food selections and we have a firm date to start Insanity again on Monday - assuming I am able. 

I hope that I can and I hope that I can stick with it again. I was talking about this recently with a friend, about how last year I really just made up my mind and did it. I did it. I started working out, I started eating better, and I lost 25 pounds. Why can't I just do that again? 

I think it's because I reached the goal that I had set for myself and I think it's because I've amazing kept the weight off for a year. For whatever reason, I think I have some mental contentment over it that keeps me from doing it again.

I just can't seem to conjure up the motivation. I'd really like to drop 15 more pounds. Why is that so hard? I lost 25 pounds in like 3 months last year. It only took 3 months of my life. I should be able to do it again. But, I just don't know. I'll hit it real good for a few weeks and then just get lazy again. 

I'm getting myself back into the proper frame of mind for it - getting back to the whole life style change, avoiding heart disease, diabetes, etc. 

I can do this. I can do it. Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment