Well, we all know that I've been sick for like a month. This past week or so I started getting real bad. On Wednesday I left work early to finally go to the doc. I was almost admitted to the hospital. I had a pulse ox of like 89, was wheezing real bad and barely getting any air in and out of my lungs, had a bad chest x-ray, low peak flow, and was hacking up a lung.
I talked the doc out of a hospital stay though. Really, what's the point? The only thing they could give me in the hospital that I couldn't do at home would have been oxygen. So, instead I got a large dose of steroids in the form of a shot. It hurt sooo bad! Oy. Then was sent home with oral steroids, antibiotics, breathing treatments, etc.
The next day I was seen by my Pulmonologist, who agreed with the hospital stay, but didn't fight me as hard on it. He added some terrible cough medicine to my list. Along with lecturing me about needing to take a multivitamin, calcium pill, and additional vitamin C (to try and balance out the steroids which will be supposedly clearing up my lungs, while harming other parts of me). So, I've been downing quite a few meeds the last few days.
I've also been trying extremely hard to not be mean. The steroids always make me emotional, irritable, … just angry in general. The hubs has been taking such good care of me though, he's been extra sweet! So, I've been holding in the crazy as much as possible and trying really hard to dismiss those moments when I feel like snapping on him for really no reason at all.
I just hope I can keep that up the next few weeks when I'm working with children :/
No comments:
Post a Comment