I was on my fb page earlier looking at some pics of someone I graduated high school with. And she really did look just the same to me. Okay, maybe a few changes, but much the same. And she's a smaller, really cute person.
It made me think of the workout/weight struggles that I started having around the time I broke my pelvis. [I have no idea why my brain has the thought process that it has, so just go with it]
Then it made me think about how last year, I really set my mind to getting healthier and fit and I did! I did it! I lost 25 pounds. That's certainly something to be proud of.
But, now… I find myself slipping down into the same hole and this time I don't have a broken pelvis to blame. I haven't really gained any weight back. Yet. My weight fluctuates about 5-10 pounds real bad. That can't be all that healthy. But, I'll get off track a bit, gain a little weight… get back on track and lose it. Over and over again. Clearly, that isn't the best thing to do.
It's like I just don't even know what to do in order to make myself be consistent again. Between my work schedule and the studio, I feel so exhausted by the time I get home I don't want to do anything. And getting up early enough to do it would mean getting up really early and going to bed early. There have been many nights I haven't even gotten home until 8:00 or 9:00-ish. When I get home I want to eat, and do nothing. How do you get out of that cycle?
I know my eating could be healthier. But, we don't eat horribly either. Except for, with our recent schedules we've been eating out a bit much. And I love my junk (cheez its, brownies, cookies).
I just really have to find a way to workout out regularly again. I have now idea how, but I have to make it a priority. Because it's important. We both need it and we need to suck it up and just do it. Find a way to do it.
Suggestions?
No comments:
Post a Comment