Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Gettin' there

I'm well on my fitness way (again). We're in week 3 of Insanity. Which seems pretty crazy. I feel like I just started it. Maybe that has something to do with missing half of the workouts in Week 2. *shrugs* Oh well. 

It's still kicking my butt. The first decent workout I had was yesterday. I held my own… through the warm-up anyway. 

I have these random mornings when I wake up feeling really energized and ready to conquer my fitness requirement for the day. I'm completely determined to give it my all… and then I get about half way through the Insanity warm-up and all of those feelings disappear. 

It's really frustrating. I mean, the program will definitely get you results. But, I've come to the conclusion that it's a little unrealistic. I mean, the workouts are insane. All of them. I don't think a workout should be such that you kill yourself so much in the freaking warm-up that you're barely able to get through the rest of the workout. Or to do a workout that's at that intensity level for a full 45+ minutes.

I've also come to the conclusion that a 45 minute to an hour and a half workout, 6 days a week isn't very realistic. Not for my lifestyle anyway. Who has time for that? I can do the 45 minute ones, but anything over that is pushing it. I mean, by the time I wake up, get ready, workout, shower, etc. it's just crazy. 

Shaun T needs to make a work out for a shorter time scale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment