I'm tossing around the idea of giving up meat in my diet. For a few reasons. Honestly the top one is that I hate the way animals are treated just so we can eat them. I mean, I know to an extent animals were put here for us to eat. But, have you ever watched a video on that stuff? It's absolutely heart-breaking the way those animals are raised and treated. Not to mention all of the hormones/growth stuff their injected with these days that aren't good for the animals or for the humans eating the meats.
Another reason is that, I think it could help me on my weight loss/fitness journey.
Now, I'm not saying I'm giving it up altogether. I'm sure I'll still eat meat around the holidays or when we go to other people's houses. I'm not going to expect everyone around me to change their food choices just because I'll be eating with them.
I'm just saying that I *think I'm going to *try taking it out of my diet and see how I do. Even if I do eat meat, I'm think I'll try to get the organic/free range stuff. Even though it is more expensive.
I'm not sure what I'd call myself exactly, if I accomplished giving up meat, because some vegetarians/vegans are hard core. Like they won't even eat animal products (eggs, milk, etc.). I'm not gonna go that hard-core… not just yet anyway. Although, those chicken houses / farms are pretty disturbing. Even for the chickens that just are laying eggs. Have to go free range/organic on that too! For sure.
Anyway, we'll see… just an idea I'm tossing around. And I'm a little curious as to how well I'd do on a diet like that…
No comments:
Post a Comment