But, I was wrong. I had a blast! Our chef/teacher guy was amazing. He was very laid back and very funny. There were 12 'students' total, so it wasn't anything very overwhelming.
The point of the class was to teach you how to make delicious pizzas with very common/easy ingredients and steps. So that you can make it at home.
Explaining everything that happened in those 5 hours would be way too long and probably boring. But, just know that he truly did teach us how to making amazing pizza. I've made a lot of completely homemade pizzas before and the part that I was most interested in perfecting was the crust. And now, I have an amazing crust recipe and process. Oh, the pizzas I made today were so delicious! I'm so excited about it. I can't wait to get home and cook some pizzas for someone ;)
After that we had to come back to the hotel for a bit to put our pizzas up and warm up. Oh, it feels so much colder today than it was yesterday! So cold.
After that we headed back out for more adventures. I really wanted some coffee and something sweet. Unfortunately, I've already had numerous cups of failed coffee. I don't know what it is. I think everyone here just makes their coffee way too strong for me or something. But, we went to The Donut Pub and I had an amazing cup of coffee and an amazing donut. So, I was happy about that.
We headed back down the Time Square area and attempted to get tickets to go in the Rockefeller center, but they were sold out for the day :( So, maybe tomorrow. We spent some more time at the tree again. And I just thought there were a lot of people there yesterday. There were so many people. So many! Everywhere you went you were always touching at least 5-6 other people. Seriously, a wall of humans that you have to shove your way through. I told Cory to grab onto my bag and hold on. I don't think it'd take me very long to fit in with all the assertive people here ;)'
We got to watch a pretty cool light show on a building. Can't really explain it beyond that.
Then we went into the St. Patrick's Cathedral. What a beautiful building it was! So huge. Amazing architecture!
After that, we went to the Magnolia Bakery to pick up some more sweets (I know, lots of sweets, but we're in NYC... how can we not try them?!).
And finally headed back toward the hotel. Cory's been wanting to stop and get food at one of those little corner stand thingys, so that's where we got our last meal of the day from. Haha.
I really think this city is beautiful. I'm very much in a state of culture shock though. I'm from Southeast Missouri. Heck, moving to Cape was 'city life' for me. So, coming here and seeing the masses of people, the ginormous buildings, the limitless things to do. It's just all so different. And beautiful. Public transportation is a new thing for me too. But, I actually don't mind the subways at all. I embrace them! When you have to walk to where-ever you're going all of the time, you start paying attention to where those subway stops are. Lol.
I also seriously feel sore from all the walking. My feet hurt and my legs are sore! Guess that's a sign to start hitting up the Insanity again. Oy, and the bone-freezing chill! Really, I might not mind the walking, but the cold is killing me! That icy breeze cuts right through me.
Randomness:
- I saw a rat the size of my dog at the subway station
- I kept waking up to the slamming of doors and or other loud noises that made me jerk awake disoriented and made me think I was at home and our house was getting broken into - not fun
- There are waaay too many sirens at night time
- I couldn't figure out how to maneuver the hotel shower head around and in my attempted pulled it off and got blasted in the face with high pressure water - not hilarious, though, the hubs seemed to think so
- I miss my dog a ridiculous amount! No one will have to worry about me pawning my kids off on them, I can barely tolerate being away from my four-legged baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment