Sunday, December 18, 2011

New York, Day 3

Last night, I got another wonderful amount of sleep. However, I am getting on a viscous cycle of being up too late and thus sleeping too late - in my opinion. 

First thing this morning, some random stranger in the subway station walking passed me said, "Oh, nice camera." My camera was hanging from my neck. I instinctively grabbed my camera and took a step closer to Cory - God love him, I'm not sure why, he certainly isn't a very big guy (lol) - and then looked up at the stranger. Before I could speak and added, "Oh, and an even nicer face."


My response was to glance at my husband at which point the guy looks at him and says, "No worries, I know she's with you. You should feel honored to have a woman like that at your side. And she's standing at your right side. Like an angel." After a moment of awkward silence, he said something like, "God bless" and walked away.


This might seem like a friendly exchange, but I'm telling you, the guy was totally creeper!


We went to a little cafe place that Cory had found, because he wanted a bagel. The line was crazy long. We were probably there for an hour or longer. Just for some coffee and bagels!


We made our way back to Time Square to purchase some tickets to go to the Top of the Rock. After getting our tickets and walking to the location we were directed to, I saw a very familiar face - but I'm horrible with names. The stranger guy and I grazed shoulders, and he seemed to be in a hurry, so neither of us stopped. That's when Cory said, "I swear that was Jimmy Fallon. So I turned around - and then admittedly had to google him - and it was definitely Jimmy Fallon! How cool? ;)


The top of the rock was an amazing sight. We got to go to three different levels overlooking the entire city. I took a lot of pictures! I hope to go back another time at or around sunset or at the very least when it is dark outside for a different kind of view of the city. 


After that we explored around the 30 Rock building forever. Our main objective was a bathroom, which we never found. When we found the nearest exit and walked outside, we were across the street from our entry point. Riddle me that.


We walked around for quite a bit longer, because the hubs hadn't really planned out the day. So we spent a ridiculous amount of time just wandering, and wandering in the wrong direction (if one can wander in the wrong direction) at that. The freezing cold in combination with my feeling that we were wasting our time started to annoy me. So, I got a little cranky.


I directed us to the Dash store per my sister's request, snapped some photos for her, and then we headed towards some food.


We ate at Ellen's Stardust. It was a pretty cool little place. The servers there are aspiring Broadway performers, so they perform for you there. Very theatrical. I enjoyed it. Very loud though. Perhaps not as ideal as you'd think for a place to eat out at. It made conversation impossible. 


The Apple store was our next stop. Of course. We're Apple people ;)  It was a very cool store. When it came into view, all you could see was a giant, glass, box with a giant, glowing apple in it. The actual store was beneath it! When you entered you could either enter by a fancy, spiral, glass staircase or a fancier glass, tube, elevator. From there it was pretty much what you'd expect from your average Apple store, except for it was huge - of course. 


Right beside the Apple store was the FOA Schwarz toy store! What an amazingly fun store! So many things in there. We came up on a little Magician's table and Cory said, "Yeah, I want to see your magic tricks. Or... your illusions." The guys chuckled briefly and replied, "Okay, Gob." For those of you who don't know, it's an Arrested Development (best tv show of all time) reference. Priceless. So, he awed us with his illusions. 

Then they had the giant floor keyboard! Heck, yeah! Cory got in line behind some kids and he did in fact, take off his shoes and play on the keyboard. I sat on the sidelines taking pics for that one. Not long after that we got to see the final show of the day on the keyboard. I enjoyed all of that. 


Dylan's Candy Bar wasn't far from the toy store, so we made our way down to it. It smelled like magic as soon as you walked in. They seriously need to capture that smell and make it into a candle or something. We probably spent an hour and close to $50 in the candy store. *sigh*


And, finally, came back to the hotel. As soon as I got here I took a very hot shower and finally thawed back out! I cannot take the cold. Brrr. It's too much for me. It makes all of the experiences bittersweet for me too. It's hard to enjoy some things when you're shivering and teeth chattering. Oh well...


Randomness:

  • My blogs have a ton of grammatical errors, just ignore that for now. I'm too tired to pay enough attention and don't have enough time to correct it when I do...
  • Saw more rats in the subways today, it's turning into a game - who can spot the most rats. No worries, they stay down in the tracks. 
  • The pigeons here are huge!
  • I froze my metaphorical balls off today

No comments:

Post a Comment