Today, I came to the conclusion that being in New York for a week did affect the hubs. He is such a laid-back, mellow person. He rarely back talks or has a defiant attitude - yet loves to debate, riddle me that.
Anyway, today we were out getting some grocery shopping done, because we're doing Cory's family Christmas at our house on the 25th. I'm so excited about it. It'll be the first time since we've been married that we'll spend Christmas day at our house!
So after successfully surviving the unbearable Walmart, we trucked on over to Sams. We only needed a few things from here. Cory was already annoyed upon check out because apparently they are no longer accepting Visa credit/debit cards, which is all that we have. We never carry paper money on us. He had to put it on the Sams card.
I went to go get a soda from the little cafe thing, when I came back out we proceeded to the nearest exit. A door with a glowing, red 'Exit' sign above it...
When we were about halfway through the doors, the older-aged, overweight, white-haired, door lady yelled - let me stress this, and know that I'm am in no way exaggerating... she yelled... like other people stopped and stared kind of yell - "Hey, hey, hey! You are not going through these doors!"
I was shocked by the shriek and when I turned around was even more shocked to know that she was talking to us (me, my sister, and the hubs). Cory, for like the first time ever, got a serious sort of assertive body language going on, rolled his eyes, and then emphatically contradicted with, "Yes, I am."
She again barked out, "No, you are not."
Cory stared at her like she was an annoying insect for a moment longer and then turned to continue out the door. At which point the lady stood in between my sister and us and told my sister, "You are going to walk back in and go to the other doors."
Cory looked around the lady to my sister and demandingly said, "Come on." My sis hesitated for just a moment and then walked around the rude employee.
Finally, we all walked from the store, and past our audience, quickly making to the car.
Cory was so stressed and worked up about it! So was I. I could not believe her manner. I mean, it'd been one thing for her to politely say something along the lines of, "Excuse me, I need you to exit through the other door please, so they can mark your receipt."
But, for her to approach us like that and talk to us like that right off the bat... it made me want to smack her in the mouth. I was even more surprised that the hubby was able to respond before me, because I was about to be all over that.
I mean, I understand the stores undergone some remodeling, and it's probably frustrating to have people consistently walking through the wrong door. But, that's the line of work that you either chose or got stuck with... so do it with integrity and correctness either way. There is no way I would ever run any sort of business and let a worker speak to a customer like that. I'd seriously fire them on the spot.
Plus, if you don't want people exiting there, then take down the glowing 'Exit' sign above it. Or at least add a sign that says "Emergency Exit Only." Or something.
Geez.
Cory emailed corporate as soon as we got home. He's still not over it. What a rebel he's turned into ;) Lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment