Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I'm convinced God did not want me to leave my house this morning

I got up early this morning, so that I could mess around for a minute before starting my day. I left the house earlier than usual to tan before needing to be at the internship at 9:30am. 

I left to go tan around 8:30. When I was almost off my block, I realized it was trash day. So I turned back to go put out the trash cans. 

When I got out of the car I dropped my phone, because it was in my lap - I drop it a lot. The back cover snapped off (a regular occurrence these days), so I snapped it back together and set it on the hood while I dragged out the cans. 

I got back into the car, then realized I needed my makeup for after tanning. Got it, was back in the car and on my way.

Just as I'd turned onto the main road, almost the tanning salon, I realized I didn't have my phone. Crap. I swerve into a lot, turning around, and drive back toward my house looking for my phone. I was hoping it'd fallen off in my driveway. 

By the time I got back to my house, I hadn't found it. Back around I go, making the same trip, still looking for it. 


Just as I got to the stop sign before the busier road, I saw it. It was in like 3 pieces in the turning lane. Yep, that sounds about right

I get in the lane, slam on my breaks, and quickly jump out grabbing the pieces. Then I reversed back onto the smaller road (it's really a miracle I didn't get hit).

I put it back together, and held my breath while turning it on. Amazingly, it was working. Nothing even shattered or busted. It had just fallen apart. Whew. 

I relax a bit, but now have no time to tan. That's when I noticed my tank was on empty. I shoot across the main road into the gas station. While I waited for my tank to fill up, I could not remember if I'd locked the front door. It was consuming me! I had to go back and check.

The front door was not locked. Nope. I hadn't even shut it in my haste! Gah. 

It was like 9:20 by this point. I'm officially late. Then, I realize I didn't put on makeup! Not that I'm super crazy about it, but I like wearing makeup, for myself. 

I speed to the internship, just waiting to get pulled over after my morning. Luckily I did not. I pace quickly into the room, pulling out my data sheets when the supervisor says, "Rough day?" 

I chuckled a little, and shared the events of my morning. They found them much more comical than I did.

To be optimistic: My house got locked up (thus not robbed), my phone still works (if not a little looser than before), my car has gas, and I didn't get to tan (which is bad for me anyway.

1 comment: