Saturday, July 4, 2009

Unbelievable

Today was great. E and C came up to hang out. We ate lots of food, started a movie, then watched the fireworks. So much fun. I'm really missing them. 

Anyway, as we were sitting there in the frozen custard place's parking lot I couldn't help overhear the conversation from two girls sitting close by. 

Well call them G1 and G2. 

G1 says, "Who has been texting you all night?"

"Oh, one of my boyfriends," responds G2.

G1 lets out a little chuckle with a, "What? Oh, well, I guess it makes things funner. If you can keep them all from finding out."

G2 laughs too and says, "Yeah, the trick is to keep them spread out in different counties or something...I've even got one in a different state. I care about them all which makes it really hard. It's just really hard...ya know?"

"I can understand. I still care about (some guy's name) a whole lot. So, have you ever tried the whole married guy dating thing?" G1 asks.

G2 giggles a lot before answering, "Yeah, that's so much harder. I mean, I just feel so under appreciated in those relationships." 

At this point in their very loud conversation I was getting a little worked up. A part of me wanted to just slap the crap out of her. 

Why are relationships taken so lightly like that? Why do we live in a society that has a divorce rate of nearly 50%? Married or not, another individuals's feelings and emotions should never ben taken so carelessly!

People sit back with mockful attitudes wondering why marriage has become a mere roll-of-the-dice chance at surviving, yet so many people act like this?

What impressions, role models, and experiences have these girls had to think this type of behavior is alright? It honestly breaks my heart, but at the same time infuriates me. The beauty of love, intimacy, trust, and faith in relationships is like that of no other. It should be valued and morally respected so much more than it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment