Friday, September 24, 2010

The little things matter

I just wanted to enthuse about how amazing my husband is. Especially when I know other's are truly not as fortunate.

Of course, we don't have the perfect relationship. That man drives me absolutely crazy and I'm sure I return that favor. But, we have fun together. I truly enjoy being with him all the time and miss him terribly when I'm not with him. It's really like a lovey-dovey 'young' relationship. And I love that we have it. I love that after nearly 8 years of being together our relationship hasn't changed much in the sense of our feelings and affection towards each other.

One of the most important things to me in my relationship are all of the 'little' things that he does that just make my day - and he probably doesn't even realize he's doing them.

Like when he sends me a text message saying, "Good luck!!" minutes before he knew my interview started. And then another one saying "TELL ME ABOUT IT," when he knew it had ended.

When he walks in for lunch or after work and immediately comes right up to me and gives me a big hug and kiss followed by him asking me how my day was. My day - a day that he knows I spent at home being basically jobless and lazy.

I love that he thanks me for cleaning and cooking and taking care of the house. And even for just taking care of our dog (ahem, daughter).

I love that he chats with me while he's at work and sends me funny things and tells me stories.

I love that we quote our favorite lines from our tv shows/movies, even in front of other people who don't watch them and then laugh together at the remembered humor.

I love that he chose me; that he loves me; that he takes care of me; that he's fun and that we do fun things together - we're not always the old boring couple who goes to bed at 10 o'clock ;)

And I love that in all his cuteness I'm inspired to share my mushy feelings about him more than you probably want to hear   <3

No comments:

Post a Comment