Friday, September 17, 2010

Slow down there, turbo

So... as no surprise to us, we still have not closed on our house. But no worries, everyone, the lender said next week we should be all ready. [scoffing, sighing, & rolling my eyes]

I believe I mentioned in my post about tearing down the shed that B1 and B2 were already acting like they owned the place. They've taken it to a whole new level. 

I'm trying very hard to not be hostile toward their pushy, the-house-is-basically-already-ours attitudes. I'm trying so hard to see them as my blessing. My answered prayer. Our buyers. Finally. But, their personalities and their...the-house-is-basically-already-ours attitudes are making it so difficult for me. 

Let's see... I think it was two Sundays ago... September 5th. B1 calls us and in a very telling ways explains to us how we "are for sure closing on Sept 10th, and that we should be getting some paperwork on that... but he had some sort of falling out with his current landlord and gave them a 10 days notice last week... so he's going to need to go ahead and move into the house early... so... uh... when could he get a key." 

There was nothing about it that seeked our permission or even asked us. They didn't even ask us. They were telling us that they were moving in early. I said no. Or... I made Cory say no. Which Cory actually only said, "Uh... yeah... I don't think so. I'm definitely going to have to check with our agent first." 

We call our agent and she, of course, hadn't received or even heard of any information that indicated a 100% certainty that closing was even happening, let alone by the 10th. So after a bunch of her calling their agent and their agent calling them it was determined that B1 and B2 were crazy, because that information apparently came from nowhere - except some really nice, happy place in their heads. 

So that was that. 

We finally started feeling comfortable enough about closing to go ahead and start moving our staging furniture out of the old house - even though we still hadn't received the 100% certainty of it just yet. Last Saturday, Sept 11th we had a friend come up with a truck who was going to help us move it all out.

[big sigh]

We get over there... and since they didn't have a key, and being the intelligent individuals that they are, B1 and B2 had just started moving stuff in on the deck over there.  [!!!]

The deck was so packed full of stuff that I couldn't even get up the stairs and walk through it to get to the back door. I mean like real stuff. Not just stuff that's okay to be outside. There was some office furniture over there, a shelf with food on it (!!), some chairs, etc. And that was the week that we got like 4 inches of rain too! I was flaming. 

I call our agent and flip out on her. She is flipping out too. Because, again, we are liable for anything that happens on this property. Not to mention, WE DO NOT KNOW IF WE ARE EVEN CLOSING YET. 

So our agent calls their agent and he calls them (the frequent line of events). Then their agent comes over to the old house where we are. In a very subtle way he tried to say that it was partly our fault because, "this is what happens when buyers and sellers converse with each other and nothing is on paper or in a contract." I about flipped out on him. We haven't contacted them one time. Not once. The only reason they have our number is because we were in contract together with them to fix several things on the house. We've told them, our agent, and you several times that they are not suppose to be contacting us. It puts us in an extremely awkward situation that we shouldn't have to be in at all. 

This, unfortunately, is not a for sale by owner ordeal. We both have agents. And everything should be going through the agents. That's why you get commission, buddy. So keep your buyers in check.

He then tells us that when he spoke with them they are enthusiastically saying that we have them permission. I was like what the crap? We specifically told you no 6 days ago?!

Jeez.

No comments:

Post a Comment