Thursday, September 16, 2010

Solicitation reversed

Cory and I sometimes listen to these audio clips of this guy who sort of pranks telemarketers when they call him. He'll do just some of the stupidest stuff. It is hilarious.
 
We pretty much think solicitors are part of the scum of the earth. Especially when our number is on a no call list. And especially when they tend to get snippy or try and say that they're not solicitors when we answer the phone with, "We don't accept calls from solicitors."

 
It's also frustrating that they call our house multiple times a day (the same ones) and even on nights and weekends. Our off time.

 
We've often joked about pranking them ourselves, but thought it'd be impossible to keep from busting up.

 
Today, however, when the same number called our house for the FIFTH time. I decided to give it a try. Now, it's all a pretty big train wreck because this was all on the spot, I hadn't had time to prep myself for a scheme.

 
I pick up the phone, but don't say anything. Finally a man says, "Hello?"

 
"Hailo," I answered in with an extreme southern accent (keep the southern accent in mind for the conversation).

 
"Hello?" he says again.

 
"Hailo." I ecoed.

 
"Uh.. mam, I was just calling to offer you," I cut him off with,

 
"Oh Honey, I'm so glad you called. Bout six months ago I got into that Arbonne stuff... and let me tell you they have some of the greatest products."

 
"Uh... well... mam I was just calling, " I interupted him again,

 
"Now Darlin', don't you worry they have products for men too. Let me tell you what else, since you called me imma cut you a deal. I'll take 20% off any product that you order today..."

 
He very weakly tried to cut in, but I quickly continued

 
" Now, now, now... let me go get my pamphlet and we'll fix you right on up Doll."

 
He hung up.

 
Success.

No comments:

Post a Comment