So... last weekend we agreed to tear down the shed at old house as a 'last' act to selling our house. We received our offer in like the 2nd week of July (?). So it's all quite tedious and ridiculous at this point. We were suppose to close on August 25th and then on September 2nd and here we are... still not closed... and with no new closing date yet. They're saying by this next Friday, September 10th. But, of course, I'm skeptical.
We signed a contract with the buyers (which I will refer to as buyer 1/B1 (the man) and buyer 2/B2 (the women) for the rest of this post) to work together WITH THEM to tear down the shed so that we didn't have to fork up the $1,000 to have someone come in and do it. They signed the contract too. They were suppose to help too.
But, see... when we got there last Saturday at 8:30 in the morning with our 7 or so individuals to help... we were rendered useless standing around for over an hour 'waiting' on B1 and B2s 'help.' The reasoning for this was because B1 wanted to leave half of the South and West walls up... so that he didn't lose his 'fence.' Because, see, tearing down the shed meant that he would lose his enclosed backyard. G-h-e-t-to! He'll fit right in.
It was frustrating beyond belief, because when his two helpers showed up with chain saws and spent an hour there sawing off the brackets so the roof would fall and then cutting off the top half of the walls B1 wanted to keep and then left... I was reaching my snapping point. Especially because we were pushing noon at that point and had already lost two of our helpers and shortly after lost two more because someone stepped on a rusty nail and had to go get a tetanus shot (ouch!). We felt real bad about that.
Also, frustrating, because B2 brought a lawn chair and sat on the deck the ENTIRE time and they brought their stupid, little dog too! UGH! They do NOT own the place yet. Then, B1 spent the majority of the time on the deck drinking coffee. Seriously?
After a near heat stroke and collapsing due to exhaustion we said we had to call it a day at like 3:30. And all agreed to come back on Sunday.
We were fortunate enough to get three of our helpers to come back on Sunday in addition to four new helpers! We got there early again. We basically were just disassembling pieces at that point and then working on "stacking them neatly" (a direct quote from the appraisers report, she said that the shed had to come down but the product of our demolition could stay on the property and be stacked neatly) - because somehow a shed that wasn't going anywhere is more dangerous than a pile of ancient wood with rusty nails all over the place. Although, we weren't getting to stack it just yet because B1 had said he was bringing a 'huge' trailer over to load the wood up into so that we didn't have to worry about stacking it on the property. This was pretty frustrating to me, because once again we had like 7 people standing around doing nothing because we were waiting on B1 and B2 to get there with this trailer.
We decided to go ahead and get lunch. When we arrived back at the house an hour or so later B1 and B2 were backing out of the driveway like they were fixing to leave (?). But when they seen us they pulled back in to stay. The 'huge' trailer they brought over was about 4x8. I was flaming when I seen it. And when I seen they had barely loaded any wood into it.
So when we got out of the vehicle and he said to us, "You guys can just start loading some more wood in if you want..." I snapped right in there and said, "You can the people with you can help." He stumbled around his words a bit and then started helping. Then he started stuttering around when we had loaded as much wood as would fit into the dingy trailer - which wasn't even close to half of the wood, btw - about how we could all just leave and come back tomorrow to finish. I snapped in again and said that the weekends were the only time we had to work on this and it would get finished today. After about an hour he left. I didn't even notice him leaving or I would have said something again. He signed a freaking contract vouching his help in this demolition and hadn't done hardly anything and then left again?! Again, I was reaching my snapping point.
Several hours later we placed the last few wood pieces on our 'neat' piles and were packing up to leave ourselves when B1 and B2 show up again... with a vehicle full of people that they wanted to show the house to... ...
I told Cory they had as much time it would take us to load up our stuff. Cory isn't confrontational so of course he just said yes. As soon as our stuff was loaded, I marched myself straight inside and said to B2, "We're leaving now, you need to get your dog out of the back yard and bring it out through the house because we've already locked the gate. And I'm fixing to lock up the front so we need to get going." She was clearly shocked and said okay.
And we all left.
As of Friday we were still waiting on a foundation inspection from underwriting and our agent has been in close contact with the lender and the buyer's agent and she is wonderful about getting information to us as soon as she gets it. So, unfortunately, as of Friday we still weren't 100% sure we will be able to close on the house. So... when B1 freaking had the nerve to call us yesterday and tell us that there is some paperwork coming our way about our closing on the 10th and it being a sure thing... and that he had ticked off his landlord and given them a 10-day notice last week... and so he needs to move into the house early... so he needs a key for that... I about lost it. Luckily, Cory was on the phone and calm enough to just say, "We're going to have to check with our agent."
I called our agent and flipped out on her. Of course, it was all lies. She assured me that when she received that information we would be the first to know, but that it wasn't available yet and she had no idea where B1 got that from. I also told her to talk to B1's agent and tell them to stop freaking call us! It not only puts us in an awkward situation, but it's not suppose to be happening. Period. That's why we have agents. This isn't a for-sale-by-owner. And I'm absolutely not letting them move in early. There are too many things that can go wrong. I'm already POed that B1 has apparently given some of the neighbors permission to be on the property to get wood off of the piles and to park their vehicles in the driveway! Our agent is taking care of that as well. Again they do NOT own the property yet and we're still liable for anything that happens on it. So yeah... I flipped out about that too.
So... that's where we are. And for now I'll stop venting about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment