Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Crazy is better

I've had two internships implementing ABA. I've decided to take two more internships and a short practicum in place of some lecture classes. I find field work more exciting than class work anyway.

In these two previous internships I have worked. I have worked non-stop. I have done more things, put more effort, and created more programs than most people who get paid lots of money to do it. I have done more work than any classroom could ever entail. That being said, I've had amazing experiences. Real life, hands on experiences that really do shape who I am as a professional.

I'm going into week 4 of the Fall semester here; I'm doing a 40 hour practicum at Parents as Teachers and a longer internship at the Cape Library. My 2nd week into PAT is looking rather dull in comparison to previous experiences. I have sat at a desk and done minimal 'working' type things. In fact I've done none. So I started my internship at Cape Public Library today with high anticipation. I will be a Parent/Youth Service Coordinator Intern. A co-intern and I will be putting together a series of activities/programs for parents and children. Although, it will end up being a little bit more work later on, it wasn't much today.

I'm sure I'll regret actually saying this later, but I think I actually miss all of that work.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, girlie! You are always an amazing intern, even if you are the "lazy, amazing intern". I'm sure you already know this but it's important to stand out and if you have to create your own work to do that then go for it!
    Thanks for listening to my news today and I'm sorry that we didn't chat longer so that I could hear what's going on in your life. Watch out! One of these days I'm going to call you and be like "okay, Tessa, GO!" and then you are going to spend the entire time talking about yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I flippin agree... I feel like we almost need to find a different thing to do.. or something... errrr!!

    ReplyDelete