Thursday, October 8, 2009

Dentist

I'm going to the dentist today. I dare say that it has been...9 years since I have been to one. How sad is that? My parents didn't have dental insurance, and as long as we weren't having issues we just didn't go. I've never had any bothersome tooth problems, so it was never an issue. 

However, recently I've had a few minor aches here and there. Apparently, I grind my teeth in my sleep. Buh. I can't even stand the thought of teeth grinding! I can't believe my subconscious mind does it.

Plus, I'd like to get these top two front teeth checked out. When I was younger, three teeth tried to grow in where only two teeth should be. It caused some misalignments in them too (obviously). A dentist finally pulled one, but said it should be fine from there. I suppose besides cosmetically, it was. But still. 

My top wisdom teeth came through and never bothered me. However, now that these bottom ones are pushing through, I've had quite a lot of discomfort and pressure in my mouth. I don't want to go through getting them cut out, but that just may be what has to happen. 

So, I am nervous about that. 

Also, this sore throat didn't shake off. It's frustratingly painful today. Haven't been able to eat, and can barely tolerate room temperature water. C'mon, germs! Get outta my throat!

2 comments:

  1. I grind my teeth too! I have a stupid bite bar that I have to wear at night...Eric jokes about how it "does it" for him. Jerk.
    Anyway, I hope the dentist goes well...if they recommend surgery make sure you get a second opinion...been there done that and didn't actually need the surgery they were trying o sell me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...a bite bar. I've tried the mouth guard things, but I totally destroy them within a week or so.

    They have recommended the wisdom teeth removal and that does mean putting us under and it actually being a surgical procedure. I'm not really for it, but I'm not for the pain my wisdom teeth have already been causing either. A second opinion sounds like a good idea though!!

    ReplyDelete