Today was the seven year anniversary of me and C first getting together...give or take a few months. Ha. We broke up a few times. It was heart breaking, but in the end worth it for the adjustments our relationship needed.
Our relationship probably seems odd to some people. Admittedly, we're a bit quirky. That's just what makes us so perfect together, in my opinion.
Whenever we have anniversaries roll around, I'm always reminded of how much crap we took for getting married "so young." I was 18 and C was 21, but that just didn't matter. I don't care how young I was. I was certain that I'd never want to be with anybody else more than I wanted to be with him.
Since then, my husband has graduated college, started a career, and provides for us as a family more than a lot of people a lot older than we are even now.
I'm thrilled to say that I found the love of my life with I was 15 years old. I'm glad I didn't have to do that dating thing in college - because let me tell ya, all the single ladies sure make it sound like a blast. #not
Our life is so much fun together. We do have our heads on straight, we take our responsibilities seriously, and we're quite mature for our age.
So, here's the seven years and counting! May all the married folk out there feel towards their spouse how I feel towards mine.
Yay! I'm so proud for you guys :) I hope that there are MANY more.
ReplyDeleteThank you!! Me too! I feel pretty confident in our relationship. He's definitely the man I choose to be with until I die! Hopefully it's a mutual feeling between me and him ;)
ReplyDelete