Ya know what happens when you don't go to the dentist for 9 years? You have a wealth of things to catch up on. Hubs is going to have to get a numbing procedure done to do a proper scraping, because of something with his gums. He had a minor, small cavity that they're going to fill. His wisdom teeth are trouble. It was suggested he get all four of them removed. I thought that'd be the case. He's always had a lot of pain with them coming in.
I have three cavities (yuck). Dentist thought at least one of them was from tooth grinding and suggested I get fitted for a nighttime mouth guard. All three were from grooves that had gotten too deep from the teeth grinding thing! Argh. I have to get fitted for a night guard to hopefully prevent more deepening of the rest of my back teeth.
My top wisdom teeth looked pretty good, but the left bottom has a hook root at the jawline, which is probably what's causing all my discomfort. The other has what he called a crossed root at the bone line! Oy. So, obviously, he recommended I get them removed as well.
Excellent.
Meeting with the oral surgeon for a confirmation of these suggestions.
I feel lucky, cause my wisdom teeth only have about a 10% chance of ever coming in. Of course, I had to go to the oral surgeon because the dentist at Shamrock (in Cape) said I'd have to have surgery on those and head gear to wear at night because my jaw is disaligned.
ReplyDeleteBlah.
The oral surgeon said he was full of poo.
Good choice getting a second opinion ;)